Introducing Myself.

https://jaldabe.blogspot.com/2021/05/introducing-myself.html     


 Hello! My name is Jessica and I am a non traditional student. I am 43 and I work full time at the Denali Center in Long Term Care. This is my second career. I have a degree in Culinary Arts and Restaurant Management. I did that for over 25 years until I got the calling to get into Health Care. I sold my restaurant to go to Nursing School, So I'm all in! I have never done a blog before, so bear with me! I'll get the hang of it with practice.

    I have lived in Alaska since 1998, but for the last 16 years my husband and I have called the Interior of Alaska 'home'. I have two teenage sons who love anything that is outdoors and that has a motor. In my free time I study, volunteer and garden. I also like to browse and purchase local art at The Tanana Valley Farmers Market.  You can look up their hours on the website https://www.tvfmarket.com/ . I am looking forward to this class this summer as I am working on my nursing school prerequisites. 

    My relationship with Art has to be what I call abstract. I have never been a good artist when it comes to drawing or paining but I was a Chef and a Baker for may many years and I believe that I expressed my "Art" on my creation of food. Now that I am studying nursing, they say that a large percent of nursing is called the "art of nursing" So now I am building and honing in my relationship skills and developing my own artistic compassionate bedside manner.















Comments

  1. Commenting to see if it is working :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I sold our seasonal "restaurant" in 2019. So glad we did because I got stranded out of Alaska with a passport that needed renewing and I didn't make it back to Alaska in 2020 because we need to drive through Canada. The new owners are still having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food is like a universal love language, a kind of art the consumption of which is unlike others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think cooking and baking are absolutely art and it is a great talent to have. I am as well a non-traditional student and am changing my carrier to a completely different path. Sometimes we have to take a little risk to achieve our dreams and sometimes dreams can change. This keeps life interesting and fun. Good luck with your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baroque